Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Day #7

Good help is hard to find-- or so I hear from the employment world. Thinking back over my childhood I am thankful my parents (same as Ashley's) taught us the value of working. Ashley was and still is a great example of this. My favorite stories are those she tells of working at the Gas Company painting gas meters. We often compare who had the worst summer job-- and I think I win every time with having to count potato beetles, ugh DISGUSTING-- but she always chimes in how she went back year after year and almost lost a finger (and a leg) to the meters. Anyway, eventhough I think Ashy missed out on the "chore chart" when we were younger and I continually complain about her not cleaning the bathroom the girl is a great worker. She is always happy to help and follows through with what she says she will do. Her current employer seems to love having her around and you can't really blame them. So, from mowing lawns to answering phones the "working girl" is growing up-- and to this day she will still tell you if you need your gas meter painted, just noticing it.

No comments: