Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2012

Is it seriously 2013 already???? It's that time that I am trying to reflect on the past 12 months of my life and find out what I actually accomplished and what experiences made me who I am today.

2012 was a tough year.  It was full of change and heartache, but also fun and laughter.  Definitely one of my most life-changing years yet.  Some of it really good, some not so.  I was able to experience a lot in 365 days.

In 2012 I trained and ran my first 10K (also ran two other 5ks....not to brag *wink wink*), ran with some great friends in the Color Run and turned into Rainbow Bright, went on a cruise to Cabo with some "delightful" friends, witnessed a friend get in a fight with a boat....she lost, learned I am too old for the "college scene", said goodbye (and cried) to my bff/roommate and shipped her off to Africa, witnessed my nephew be ordained with priesthood, watched every minute of the Olympics, watched every youtube parody of Call Me Baby and still enjoy the song today, got a second job, became addicted to Pinterest, went hiking in Zion, vacationed in Hawaii (saw a sea turtle), had a week long sleep over with the nephews, saw Wicked (again), law firm split up, had to make the biggest decision thus far in my career, cried a lot, laughed a lot, made new friends, waterskied at Bear Lake, got a new niece, parents moved, helped pack 30+ years of crap memories from Kimberly, Idaho into one 3 bed/2bath home in St. George, Utah, realized never would see my childhood hometown, said goodbye to La Casita and Fiesta Ole, spent hours looking at houses in hopes of purchasing, spent 14 hours in the ER, became obsessed with Instagram, played barbies with my nieces (same barbies I played with when I was their age), became obsessed with a tv show about Honey Boo Boo, I learned how strong my family is, I was gifted a real mexican baby in streets of Puerto Vallarta, played in my first O'Dell/Andrew tennis tournament, and I enjoyed life.

I'm not sure what 2013 will hold for me. None of us really do.  All we can do is learn from our past and look forward to our future.  Enjoy the little things.  Don't fret over small things. Live in the moment. And all the other cliche stayings. :)  2012 was a good year.  Farewell.  Helloooooo 2013!

I'm not really sure what Kallee did...

No comments: