Monday, June 15, 2009

Horseback + 4-wheeler + Due West = One Fanstatic Weekend

This past weekend our ward had their annual camping trip. It was up at Ponderosa Resort in Zion National Park. Kallee & I decided to go up Friday with some of our friends (thanks again Carla & Colleen for driving!). We got up there just in time for lunch! :) Then we did the unthinkable. We decided to go horseback riding! I know, right! Kallee, I think, was the most nervous. The hardest part of the whole thing was getting on the horse! Whew! ;) We forgot to take our camera so you'll just take to believe me! It was kind of crazy. Kallee wasn't too thrilled about riding behind my horse (who's name was Peanut) b/c he tended to be a little....uh "gassy" the whole time! It was actually quite funny! Needless to say, we smelled awesome after that! We spent the rest of the time enjoying nature. By enjoying nature I mean sitting in the rocking chairs on the porch of the cabin while re-telling stories about how each of thought we might die while horseback riding. Can you tell we're city girls???

Later Kallee, Carla, Colleen, and myself went up to good ole Orderville where Susan took us 4-wheel riding! Again no pics! But lots of fun! Uncle Dellas tried to get me to help him bale hay (yeah, I have no idea what that means either) but I insisted I would only if I could drive the tractor and amazingly he didn't need my help! FYI: I am a good driver!

The next day we drove up to Bluffdale, UT (its a south of Salt Lake) to see our favorite band DUE WEST! The concert was a bit chilly since it was super windy and they were playing in the town's firehouse but it still was a lot of fun! I love seeing Due West! We also got to see Brian and Brad for a little bit. Its always fun to hang out w/ the nephews and niece. Hayden loved taking pictures with my phone...as you can tell!

Sunday we just drove all the way back to Vegas. Now it's back to work!!!

Overall it was a really fun weekend!!!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Kallee!

email us so we can add you to view our blog conley0463atyahoodotcom

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun hanging out with you guys last weekend. You are too fun. Hey, by the way, David forgot his jury duty paper. He needs to get the phone number to call. I somehow need to get you number.

Jill and Travis said...

What do you mean you two are city girls? You grew up in Kimberly, Idaho! I thought you rode horses to school. Haha. I am so funny. Anyway, I am glad you both survived horseback riding and four-wheeling and got to see your favorite band and your family! Sounds like a pretty darn good weekend, if you ask me.

Molly said...

Thanks for visiting! It was so great to talk to you and see you for a while!