Saturday, October 4, 2008

Day 4

No picture this time-- we are visiting Brad and Amy, so I don't have any pictures to post. Anyway, this is just going to be a funny memory that Ashy and I were discussing on the drive to from Las Vegas to Lehi. We were talking about how when we were younger we used to always play the 'celebrity' game-- you name a celebrity and then you have name another one using the first letter of the person's last name (its kinda lame, but a good time passer). Anyway, one time we were riding with my mom and dad playing the game for a long time (a couple hours, it seemed) and Ashley had to use the letter X. She couldn't come up with any names so she asked my mom for help. My mom thought about it for a minute and plainly said Xandra Perkins. So Ashley passed along Xandra Perkins. I quickly told her that was not a celebrity and couldn't use the name-- I had never heard of it. She insisted if my mom knew that name it was good. After a couple minutes of debating we asked my mom how she knew that name. . . My mom quickly fired back that it was one of her college roommates and so it was well known! Needless to say, I won the game that time :) To this day, whenever we need to pass time playing the celebrity game, we use the name Xandra Perkins to start!
** This may not be that funny to read, since its one of those stories you had to be there for-- sorry ***

2 comments:

Jill and Travis said...

I thought it was a good story! I love that game. Trav and I have to play it with movie titles becuase he doesn't know many celebrities...Anyway, Ashy, you could have used Xavier Cugat--everybody knows who he is.

Ashley said...

Uhh... who is that?