Friday, August 29, 2008

1984 called . . .



So, I know I just posted but I thought this deserved a post also. So last weekend (Aug. 23) Shawn came to visit Ashy and me. He hasn't visited Las Vegas for a while so it was long over due. He came sans Krista and boys to enjoy a couple concerts (flashback 1984) here in town. We had a great time showing him around and hanging out.


We picked him up at the airport on Friday after work and did a little shopping and eating courtesy of the new Town Square-- hello outlet mall!! On Friday night we went to Poison-- yes, apparently they ARE still on tour! The concert was at the Pearl in the Palms-- we had never been there so it was good times for everyone. It was so funny to see all the fans and it was super LOUD. This was the lady sitting next to us:





Concert ticket: $45
6 beers: $48
Falling asleep before the headlining band: PRICELESS


Anyway-- the next day we enjoyed the buffet at GreenValley Ranch and walked around down on the strip. We went to the Wynn and Palazzo to walk around the shops. Inside the Palazzo they have the "live art show" where the "art" walk around. It was crazy-- there were statues and fountains that were moving. The weirdest thing was "da-vine". It was this lady on stilts that was covered in vines. She would walk around and it was so freaky. I'm pretty sure Shawn thought she was following him. She was like 9 feet tall and very sneaky...




After hitting the strip, we went back for a little rest. That night, Shawn and I, went to another concert courtesy of 1984... Extreme! I only knew one song-- More than words, but Shawn loved seeing Nuno? Apparently he is the best guitar player--EVER. It was at the House of Blues, so it was a smaller concert, but still good times!



It was a good weekend and I hope the O'Dells come to visit again soon :)









1 comment:

Michelle said...

Sounds like a good time! I love 80s bands! By the way, did you guys even stay here last weekend?!@ You left my house exactly how it was when I left. You guys are great visitors! HOpe everything was alright for you. I noticed that you didn't take care (if you know what I mean) of the rooster though! I had high hopes.