Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Heaven is Here

I just recently finished this book......
ht heaven is here cover wy 120328 vblog Heaven Is Here: Utah Mom Disfigured in Plane Crash Releases Book

It was incredible.  It was inspiring.  It was my favorite. 

I like to read.  I've read a few books in my life (including all Harry Potter, Twilight, and Hunger Games series) but I also like to branch out to more deeper kind of books.  "Heaven Is Here: An Incredible Story of Hope, Triumph, and Everyday Joy,” was exactly what I was hoping it would be.  I've been an avid reader of NieNie Dialogues blog and was quite excited to read Stephanie Nielson's book about her plane crash and her life since.  From the minute I started to read the first page, I knew I would love Stephanie.  I mean I loved her blog, so I knew we could be best friends.  As the pages turned by, I started to get indulge into her life. I couldn't imagine myself in her position.  Her faithfullness and trust in the Lord was beyond anything I myself could do.  I couldn't help but think about what I would do if in her place.  My worst fear in life is being burned alive. Not kidding.  It scares me to death.  This woman had lived my worst fear.  LIVED it.....and survived to tell millions about it.  I personally believed she is one person that is entitled to be a little angry at life, or complain, and be depressed all she wants.  I mean, come on, she deserves to be a little selfish.  But she wasn't (and still isn't I suppose).  I know she didn't do everything herself.  She had a great support team.  Her wonderful husband sounds too good to be true.  But the thing I admire the most.....her hope.  She never blamed God.  She was in the most excruciating pain-- I can't even imagine, her life turned upside down, but yet she still thanked her Heavenly Father.  I love that. She is exactly the person I hope to become....smart, funny, loving, beautiful, faithful, and so much more.

This book (and NieNie herself) are my daily reminder that I need to be grateful for everything I have.  Not to take things for granted, but to be happy.  She has taught me that life is full of struggles but we all so blessed.
So, thank you Stephanie.  You changed my life.


2 comments:

Wendy said...

I AGREE! I totally AGREE! It's a must read. So who wants to borrow a copy? I have three to share.

France said...

Stephanie brought her story to life through her book in a beautiful way.

I was so inspired by her words. This woman has gone through so many trials and is an amazingly strong woman. It was so inspiring to me to read of her struggles. Yes, at times the book was hard to read because of the incredibly difficult experiences she was describing. However, it was inspiring to read that through her immense faith, and with the support of her family, she is overcoming this difficult time her in life.

This is an amazing book, filled with life, emotion, and inspiration.