Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Oprah effect

So I am a devoted OPRAH watcher, especially since this is the last season, and today's show I found particularly interesting! It was the vegan challenge... (I know your thinking this is ridiculous, but don't delete this link just yet)

the whole Harpo staff went on a week long (7 long days) vegan diet.  As I watched the show and the listened to the stories of changing your diet, I wondered if I could it and how it would really affect me.  Not that I would completely become vegan after 7 days, because lets face it, I could use some help in the healthy eating department and I don't think I could completely cut out meat, but being more conscious about what I eat.  So I'm thinking I might try the 7 day challenge and see how it goes...
I think I'll mostly struggle with dairy products since I put cheese on about everything and eat yogurt every morning.  So, I'm going to think about it a few more days before I fully commit, but I think as soon as our milk expires (I hate wasting food, and I just filled the fridge with a few gems) I'll take on this challenge myself.... who is with me?

3 comments:

Jasmine Quezada said...

You might be able to convince Krista & me to join...since we do just about any kind of eating restriction out there lol ;)

Hmmm seriously though, I'll look through this & just might join you!

Sheina T. said...

Interesting... let me know when you start and I may give it a try.

Wendy said...

Nope.