Thursday, June 24, 2010

somebody turn down the SUN

Okay, so you know how I live in Las Vegas, which is basically saying I live on the sun? Yeah, well, every summer I forget I live on the freaking sun and wonder why it is so blasted HOT! Then I remember, oh yeah, its THE SUN... its super freakin HOT! Actually, if I'm being totally honest it hasn't been as hot this year as in the past, but, not gonna lie, once it hits 95 it all feels super hot. Anyway, it made me start thinking of other summer things and then, of course, I remembered "Summer Nights' and then was distracted for about an hour watching clips of the movie (shout out to youtube) ...seriously, I just love musicals! I wish people would just burst into song more often :)

Anyway, we have had a couple of busy weeks and need to post some photos of what has been keepin' us busy, and I will soon-- pinkie promise. Alot of traveling and visiting family. We got to visit Nampa, Bear Lake, and Lehi. Aside from the a/c breaking in my car (curse you old cars and 6 hour car ride) it was a pretty good time. Our nephews and nieces are doing great and cute as ever and I'm sure are begging their parents to come visit us in Las Vegas and spend some real quality time together :)

Can't wait to be done with summer school and get some space between myself and the sun! But for now, I'll be appreciating all the a/c I can and wishing I had the sort of skin that absorbs the rays and not repels it in bright red patches (curse you pale, sensitive skin). A girl can dream can't she...

No comments: