Thursday, September 10, 2009

O M Gee...you guys!

Leaving for Salt Lake (in the Las Vegas airport)
Okay-- we had a very exciting couple of days! Wednesday (09/09/09) we flew to Salt Lake to meet up with Krista (and Jasmine) and attend the Keith Urban concert. So the concert was awesome and very eventful!
We had pretty good seats, not on the floor (originally...but keep reading) but we could see the stage fine. Little Big Town opened for the Keith and they were good, I only know a few of their songs, but it was still good. Anyway... so Keith comes out and starts singing and everyone is standing up and dancing and singing along. At the end of the floor seats there is platform setup for Keith to come out to so he can sing a few songs to the people in the stands. Our seats are located in front of this platform :) Between our seats and and the platform is the railing of the stands and then the floor seats about 5-8 feet below. So as Keith makes his way through the crowd to the platform everyone is leaning over the railing trying to get a piece of Keith. We were in the front of the crowd against the railing, and don't be jealous, but I totally touched Keith Urban I think my hand might be magical. Okay... now for the crazy part...
while we (and about 50 people behind us) were leaning forward the bottom part we were standing on gave out and came CRASHING to the ground! This picture was taken mid-crash...It was crazy! The whole thing collapsed in slow motion. Needless to say Krista and Jasmine jumped up and ran straight over to the platform before Ashley and I could climb out from underneath the gigantic dog pile. It was complete chaos! When we could finally get up we rushed over to the platform (we were now on the floor level) to get a better glimpse of Keith (who to his credit, did seem quite concerned that a section of seats has now disappeared). We were now in the best seats (well standing position actually) in the house and could literally smell the sweat of dear ol' Keith!! At the end of the platform time we had to go back to our seats in the "unstable" section of the arena... We were so excited to be down closer that we didn't notice our wounds! Ashley cut her hand on the railing and Krista, Jasmine, and I were bruised and sore. We all had flights back home early in the morning and were very sore walking through the airport.
Upon examining my battle scares my HUGE bruise was in the shape of heart. It just goes to show my LOVE of Keith Urban :) This was definitely some good times and a very memorable concert, now if I can just get these bruises to heal quickly :) or does anyone know who one would address a letter to when contacting the Energy Solutions Center, I mean just in case?

4 comments:

JillEE said...

I'm very jealous! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun, and I think you should send a picture of your heart shaped bruise to Keith Urban, so he will know the extent of your devotion.

Michael and Julie said...

oh my gosh! mikey and i read this last night and we could not stop laughing. i swear i thought at the end it was all going to be a big joke! classic. a+

Young Family said...

OMGoodness!!!! Ok, I LOVE your heart bruise though. It had to have been all worth it (but I'd still sue) :) I mean, you could just see the sweat on his guitar and his faded grey Levi's and scruffed up shoes....need I go on....

Jill and Travis said...

How many Keith concerts are you two at now? This one kind of stands out a little though, huh? Glad none of you were seriously hurt and that you got to enjoy better seats!